sudoku colors solution
sudoku figures solution
sudoku letters solution
Sudoku is a fun way of training the brain. We all know the traditional one with numbers, but I have created some puzzles with colors, figures and letters. You can let the kids try to solve the puzzles and afterwards let them check the puzzles with the solutions. In this post I will also give extra ideas that you can do with these puzzles.
– You can let the children solve the puzzle on a computer or you can let them color it.
– You can make it harder by using colors that look like each other for example light blue and dark blue.
– Adding a color quiz to the puzzle can make it more fun. For example finding 3 yellow square objects. You can use the subjects you are learning the kids in the quiz. When they complete the task, they get an extra color to solve the puzzle.
– You can ask the children to make up their own figures. Then they can give the puzzle to another child that has to solve it or bring it home for a family member.
– You can make it harder by using the same kind of figures, like arrows but changing the direction of it.
– You can use this during a math lesson. The kids pair up in groups and get an assignment. When they get it right, they get an extra figure to solve the puzzle. The group who finish the sudoku first wins.
– All kids get a puzzle. And the teacher tells them a letter. They have 30 seconds to find something that starts with that letter. If they get it right, they get an extra letter to solve the puzzle.
– You can make the puzzle in capitals or in script letters so that they can practice writing both.
– You can also make a wordoku where at the end of the puzzle they should see a word in the diagonal cells from top left to bottom right.
Here you can find an empty sudoku puzzle if you would like to create one yourself. empty puzzle
Tangram puzzle fun
A tangram is a puzzle consisting of 7 flat geometric shapes. There are 100 kinds of puzzles you can try to solve, but with this post, I would like to show some extra elements you could add to a tangram puzzle.
Animals and people
– Give the children a picture of an animal and let them try to create it with the shapes.
– Guessing game: One child tries to make an animal and the other children have to guess what it is.
– Give the children the name of an animal. They have to try to make 2 different puzzles.
– Make a human shape in a certain position. The children have to copy this position.
– A child can choose to copy the position of one of the other children with the shapes.
– The children get 7 tangram puzzles in different colors. They have to use all the pieces to make a giant. They have to work together and think about what they have to create like a head, arms, body and feet.
Numbers, letters and exploration
– Give the children a number between 0 and 100. They have to race each other to make the number first.
– Give the children a tangram number on a card to look at for 1 minute. After a minute they have to turn it around and try to recreate it.
– A minute to win it: The children try to make as many numbers as possible in a minute. The one who has the most numbers wins.
– You could play a game of hangman and make the letters with the shapes.
– One of the children creates a letter, and the children have to race each other to find an object in the room that has that letter in its name.
– The children get an example of the tangram alphabet. Each turn they have to make a word with the letters but mix them up. The other children have to guess which word it is.
– You give the children a theme like sports and they have to create something with the shapes.
– Give them 7 blank shapes so that they can create their own tangram puzzle. If they make a drawing on it, they can give it to another child and see if they can figure out how it fits together.
– Making a story: The first child creates something with the shapes and tells everyone what it is. Then the second child creates something next to it and tries to relate that to the former creation. That’s how they will make a story.
Here you can find the tangram shapes: tangram